Dr.-Ing. Steffi Beckhaus
coach, consultant and researcher
Her work is based on her experience as coach for academics, professor for human-computer-interaction and virtual reality (computing science), scientist, engineer, user experience and multisensory interaction designer (UxD, ID), innovator, author, programmer, artist, trainer, moderator, career coach, advisor, systemic consultant, ideator, explorer, systemic thinker, meditator, energetic coach, and virtual+reality explorer.
Currently, she is working on various aspects of unfolding change as a:
– coach for academics (PhDs, PostDocs, Professors), entrepreneurs, and individuals,
– career coach and trainer (krisensurfen, (M)ein starkes Selbst, …),
– out-of-the-box innovation trainer and coach, design thinker, ideator,
– organizational developer and coach for NGOs and academic environments,
– EU expert for research projects in the interplay of people and technology.
– see Activities for current offers –
Steffi is also conducting her own research projects. For example, she is interested in current perspectives on reality, in experiential quality and causes, and in a wide variety of physical, structural, psychological and philosophical tools.
Furthermore, in collaboration with Hochschule Düsseldorf, she is exploring into the possibilities of new augmenting technologies to support personal health, well being and methods to aid self healing. Both Education with technologies as well as Imagination and Magic are explored fabrics of these supportive tools.
Last but not least, by current certification trainings and experience, she is diving deep into various aspects of trauma therapy (SOMA, TRE), and embodiment(FEC, CEC).
– learning about science, as well as about tools and practical applications;
– experiencing and conceptualizing the richness and potential of complex systems (among others people, groups);
– digesting, reflecting and presenting the many possible perspectives on our, seemingly, one ‚reality‘;
– empathically inspiring people to develop game-changing new ideas, clear-view-points, and tailored solutions for topics in their work, life, and projects.
If you want to collaborate on one of these topic, please get in touch!
A detailed CV covering Steffi’s past as professor and researcher can be found at: http://imve.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/people/Steffi-Beckhaus and on linked in. Some of her past projects and results are documented on the website of her group im.ve (interactive media.virtual environments), which existed 2004-2011 @ University of Hamburg. A list of her coaching style and relevant training outside the technical domain is available in german. For current projects see above and on the Activities and Publication page on this site.